- Cast: Carlos Thompson | Eduardo De Filippo | Esther Williams | Jeff Chandler | Rik Battaglia | Rossana Podestà
- Directors: Richard Wilson
- Project Name: Raw Wind in Eden
- Product Types: Photo Prints | Reprints
- Genres: Adventure | Crime | Drama
- Studios: Universal Pictures
- Original Release Date: August 5, 1958
- Rating: nr
- Visit our poster shop POSTER CRUSH: Art & Creativity | Comics & Fantasy Art | Events | Gaming | Movies & TV | Music | Sports
- Visit our photo gallery HIT PICTURES: Aerial | Americana | Animal | Architectural | Black and White | Cityscape | Creativity | Entertainment | Event | Humor | Industrial | Landscape | Nature | Photojournalism | Portrait | Sexy and Erotic | Sport | Transportation | War
- This photo print is created with a high-end Epson Stylus Pro 3880 using the highest quality UltraChrome K3 Archival Pigment Inks on Professional Photo Paper.
- Prints are made directly from a super-high resolution scan of the original source negative, unless otherwise noted in the listing description.
- Photo colors may vary slightly due to differences in monitors or device screens.
- Watermark will not appear on your photo.
- This item is sold as a collectible with no rights given or implied. If you believe that this item is in violation of your owned copyright, we ask that you please contact us and submit your copyright for review. Once verified, we will remove the item.
Times Square New York City, Raw Wind in Eden Playing at Loew’s State Theatre Photo
This shot of New York City’s Times Square taken in September of 1958 features a view of Broadway looking north, with a lit up Loew’s State Theatre screening Raw Wind in Eden, which held its New York City premiere on September 19th of that year. Up the street are examples of billboard ads, including those for Chevrolet, Canadian Club Imported Whiskey, and Admiral Television Appliances.
Located at 1540 Broadway, the Loew’s State Theatre opened in 1921 with vaudeville and movies. Many World Premieres were hosted at the Loew’s State Theatre including the 70mm movies spectacle Ben Hur in 1959 and The Godfather in 1972.
The Loew’s State Theatre closed in February of 1987. Then in the 1990’s the State Theatre and the adjoining office building – which had been Loew’s headquarters – were demolished and replaced by a Virgin Megastore and a smaller cinema, the Loew’s State 4, opened in the Virgin Megastore’s basement in 1996, then closed in 2006 after the nearby opening of two stadium seated megaplex cinemas – the AMC Empire 25 and the Regal 42nd Street E-Walk.
- Material:Semi-Gloss Paper