- Subject Chow Yun-Fat | Gordon Liu | Jackie Chan | Michelle Yeoh
- Authors Bey Logan
- Product Types: Books | Softcover Books
- Lines: Cult Flavor
- Genres: Action | Adventure | Crime | Cult Cinema | Martial Arts
- Studios: Harry N. Abrams - The Overlook Press
- Product Release Date: May 1, 1996
- More: Chow Yun-Fat | Gordon Liu | Jackie Chan | Michelle Yeoh
Hong Kong Action Cinema by Bey Logan (1996).
Traces the growth of Hong Kong’s film industry through the martial arts films of the 1970s and provides information on contemporary stars, directors, and genres. This is the most colorful and entertaining history of Hong Kong action cinema available. Bey Logan traces the genre from its genesis in the late 1940s until the 1990s, enhancing his story with biographies, select filmographies, and 10-best lists. Though Logan focuses on superstars such as Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, and John Woo, he also takes time to describe how Hong Kong action cinema blends with other genres. He devotes chapters of his book to Hong Kong comedy, horror, and fantasy as well as to the series of action films that feature female protagonists. Logan concludes the book by looking toward the future of this cinema and the “New Dragons Rising” who could be its next stars.
The item is in great condition with a few small bends, creases and edge wear. See photos for details.
- Size: 8.5 x 0.5 x 11 in
- Pages: 192
- Language: English