- Product Types: Poster Crush | Posters - Reprints
- Lines: The Museum of Fantastic Art
- Genres: Action | Adventure | Animation | Comic Based | Crime | Cult Television | Science Fiction | Thrillers
- Poster Categories: Comics & Fantasy Art
- Studios: Marvel Studios
- More: Batman
- Visit our poster shop POSTER CRUSH: Art & Creativity | Comics & Fantasy Art | Events | Gaming | Movies & TV | Music | Sports
The superhero Batman was first published by DC Comics. The character was created by artist Bob Kane & writer Bill Finger, and first appeared in Detective Comics #27 in 1939. Originally named the “Bat-Man,” the character is also referred to as the Caped Crusader, the Dark Knight and the World’s Greatest Detective.
Batman’s secret identity is wealthy American playboy Bruce Wayne, a philanthropist, and owner of Wayne Enterprises. After witnessing the murder of his parents Dr. Thomas and Martha Wayne as a child, he swore vengeance against criminals, an oath tempered by a sense of justice. Young Bruce Wayne trains himself physically and intellectually and crafts a bat-inspired persona to fight crime.
This beautifully rendered poster features The Dark Knight atop a skyscraper in Gotham City, where he awaits a call for help, via the famous Bat Signal in the night sky.
- Size: 22 x 34 inch