Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced that the Qosmio® X305-Q701 gaming laptop is available exclusively at Best Buy stores nationwide for an affordable price of $1,549.99(1).
Engulfed in Toshiba’s new “fiery” Fusion™ finish with Rogue design, the Qosmio X305 laptop allows gamers to play graphic-hungry games at their optimum settings for a crisp, stunning and immersive gaming experience. It harnesses the powerful NVIDIA® GeForce® 9700M GTS graphic(2) processing unit (GPU), which is powerful enough to produce lifelike and razor-sharp details with amazing speed and efficiency. Additionally, the Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P7350(3) processor allows gamers to harness the power and performance of a DirectX® 10 desktop gaming laptop PC in a mobile form factor while providing first-rate system performance and responsiveness so gamers can attack today’s hottest games head-on.
“Toshiba has steadily built a strong and loyal fan base among PC gamers for offering quality gaming solutions,” said Jeff Barney, vice president and general manager, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “The integration of NVIDIA’s robust GeForce 9700M GTS GPU and Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 processor, along with the innovations of the Qosmio brand, demonstrates Toshiba’s commitment to gamers by providing a laptop that is affordable while still sporting leading-edge technology for tackling modern gaming.”
Other features that set the Qosmio X305-Q701 apart include:
DDR3 RAM(4) (1066MHz) – nearly doubles the speed of today’s standard DDR2 RAM (667MHz) for quicker boot times and seamless multitasking.
A massive 200GB, 7200 RPM hard drive(5).
A stunning 17.1-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite™ high-definition display.
A full-size keyboard with a 10-key pad.
Four Harman Kardon® stereo speakers with a built-in subwoofer for a rich and cinematic gaming experience.
Red, LED-illuminated “Feather-Touch” multimedia buttons to control the video and audio playback of a user’s favorite movies and music.
A flush-mounted touchpad rests seamlessly across the center of the palm rest with a red LED light across the top to enhance the detail-oriented finish.
Gamers who purchase the all-new Qosmio X305 laptop out of the box have the option of configuring their system to use either the 32-bit or 64-bit(6) version of Windows Vista, based on a user’s preference and computing needs.
The highly affordable Qosmio X305-Q701 featuring the NVIDIA GeForce 9700M(2) GTS graphics is available now exclusively at Best Buy retail stores or online at www.BestBuy.com. Detailed information is available at www.explore.toshiba.com/X305.
Other features include:
OS selection at first boot:
Genuine Windows Vista(R) Home Premium (SP1, 64-bit(6) version) (default)
Genuine Windows Vista(R) Home Premium (SP1, 32-bit version)
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor P7350(3)
4096MB PC3-8500 DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM(4)
200GB (7200 RPM) Serial ATA HDD(5)
DVD SuperMulti (+/- double layer) with Labelflash(TM) drive
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 9700M(2) GTS with 512MB GDDR3 discrete graphics memory
Intel(R) Wi-Fi Link 5100AGN (802.11a/g/n)(7)
Bluetooth(R) version 2.1 + EDR
Multimedia: Qosmio X305
The Qosmio X305 series is available with a one-year standard limited warranty(8), which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country or packaging and delivery of the product to a centralized depot for prompt turnaround service from any of the 4,460 UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations nationwide. Customers can also choose to upgrade the laptop’s service plans, including up to four years of extended warranty coverage.
All new Toshiba laptops are RoHS-compatible(9), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances. Toshiba also offers a computer trade-in and recycling program to reduce environmental impact and promote efficient utilization of resources. During the third quarter of 2008, Toshiba is offering free recycling for all manufacturer’s PCs with the purchase of a new Toshiba laptop computer. To learn more about this free PC recycling promotion or to find out how to recycle other consumer electronic products, please visit: www.toshiba.com/recycle.
1. Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means “Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price.”
2. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
3. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
4. Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
5. Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 1000 x 1000 x 1000 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
6. 64-Bit Computing. See 64-Bit Computing Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
7. Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
8. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranty, and extended warranty and service upgrade plans are available at www.warranty.toshiba.com.
9. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.