Already the fan and critical favorite from over 15 notable film festivals, Anchor Bay Entertainment presents the next evolutionary turn in horror entertainment with the February 12th release of Mimesis on Blu-ray and DVD. To celebrate the release of Mimesis, FilmFetish is giving away 2 copies of the horror on Blu-ray.
Please read our new contest instructions closely:
- In order for a chance to win a free copy of Mimesis on Blu-ray, send us some good film or TV-related Tweets for possible inclusion on FilmFetish.com. Each valid Tweet you submit earns an entry into the contest (whether we publish it or not).
- The Tweets can be from you, a celebrity, or another film fan. They may consist of quotes, film or TV project updates. . .anything at all related to film or TV. but no gossip, please (save the drama for your mama). Click HERE for an example of the type of Tweets we like to publish.
- Submit your Tweets to: email@example.com with the subject “Mimesis on Blu-ray Tweet Entry.”
- You must also include your full mailing address in case you win. If you have a website or blog you would like us to link back to should your entry be published, include that link in your email entry.
- You may submit as many Tweet entries per contest as you like.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tweets that are published and get the most Likes on FilmFetish.com greatly increase your chances of winning, so make sure you share the link to your published Tweet if it’s published (You’ll be notified by email if it is) and encourage your friends to vote.
I’ll only be running this contest through March 1, 2013, so hurry up and submit your Tweets!
More on Mimesis
For over a century, fans have had their blood curdled and spins chilled by the vicarious thrills of horror films. Whether populated by ghouls, slashers, zombies or vampires, fans flocked to have their pulse quickened and exercise their scream-generating skills. But one thing remained constant: eventually the story ended, because it was only a movie. What if it didn’t have to end? What if the next level of horror was to experience a horror film from the inside?
Already the fan and critical favorite from over 15 notable film festivals, Anchor Bay Entertainment presents the next evolutionary turn in horror entertainment with the February 12th release of Mimesis on Blu-ray and DVD.
Starring Courtney Gains (Children of the Corn, Back to the Future) and Sid Haig (Rob Zombie’s Halloween, The Devil’s Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses), with a special cameo by original Night of the Living Dead star Bill Hinzman and featuring a song from the multi-platinum selling band Insane Clown Posse, Mimesis is already on its way to becoming the next great cult horror film. Fans will also have the opportunity to experience Mimesis at special event screenings across the country.
*Mimesis, as defined by Merriam Webster Dictionary: “imitation, mimicry.”
Mimesis’ inventive concept has won over fans at festivals spanning the globe, including FesTerror in Barcelona; Fantastic Estepona in Spain, where it won awards for Best Director and Best Original Score; the Shock Stock Horror Convention in Ontario, Canada; CineQuest in San Jose; the Los Angeles Fear & Fantasy Film Festival, where it won Honorable Mention for Best Picture; awarded Best Screenplay at the La Samain du Cinema Fantastique in Nice, France and most recently winning Best Feature Film at the 2012 Living Dead Film Festival.
In the film, a group of horror fans find themselves unwilling participants in a living nightmare that pays homage to a classic horror film. Seven complete strangers whose only common link is a love for classic era horror films are invited to attend an exclusive “horror fan” party at a remote farm. But as the sun sets, these strangers soon find themselves within a real life version of the 1968 George Romero cult horror classic Night of the Living Dead.
Mimesis is directed by Douglas Schulze, with screenplay by Joshua Wagner and Schulze. Kurt Eli Mayry, Schulze and Gavin Grazer produced, with original music composed by Diego Navarro.
CLICK HERE for more on Mimesis.