This week, Well Go USA Entertainment releases the apocalyptic anthology thriller Doomsday Book on Blu-ray, DVD and VOD. Internationally-renowned Directors Kim Ji-woon (I Saw the Devil, The Good, The Bad, the Weird) and Yim Pil-sung (Hansel & Gretel) present three interpretations on an apocalyptic theme, including Brave New World, Heavily Creature and Happy Birthday, each with their own distinct approach to the subject. To celebrate the release of Doomsday Book on home video, FilmFetish is giving away 3 copies of the Blu-ray edition of the film to readers.
Please read our new contest instructions closely:
- In order for a chance to win a free copy of this film on Blu-ray, submit a Film or TV-related Poll for possible inclusion on FilmFetish.com. If your poll is published to the website, you earn 1 entry into the contest.
- Polls should be interesting and they must contain a question plus anywhere from 3 to 10 optional choices.
- Submit your best poll questions to: email@example.com with the subject Doomsday Book entry.
- You must also include your full mailing address in case you win. If you have a website or blog you would like us to link back to, include that link in your email entry.
- You may submit up to 3 poll entries per contest.
- PLEASE NOTE: Polls that get the most votes greatly increase your chances of winning, so make sure you share the link to your poll if it’s published (You’ll be notified by email if it is) and encourage your friends to vote.
I’ll only be running this contest through Tuesday, January 1, 2013, so hurry up and submit your polls!
More about Doomsday Book
Internationally-renowned Directors Kim Ji-woon (I Saw the Devil, The Good, The Bad, the Weird) and Yim Pil-sung (Hansel & Gretel) present three interpretations on an apocalyptic theme in the anthology film Doomsday Book, debuting on Blu-ray, DVD and VOD December 11th from Well Go USA Entertainment. In the first film, Director Yim Pil-Sung opens with Brave New World, starring Ryoo Seung-bum (The Servant) as a young man trying to survive in a world infected by biological toxins. The centerpiece of the film, Heavily Creature, directed by Kim Ji-woon, stars Kim Kang-woo (A Better Tomorrow), Kim Gyu-ri (Portrait of a Beauty) and Park Hae-il (War of the Arrows) as citizens of Seoul who must deal with the innovations of the high-tech modern world where a religion-practicing robot achieves enlightenment and must escape the evil manufacturer who wants to destroy it. Director Yim Pil-Sung closes the film with Happy Birthday, starring newcomer Song Sae-byoek, Jin Ji-hee (Hansel & Gretel) and Bae Doo-na (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance). Elementary school student Park Min-seo (Jin Ji-hee) accidentally order a mysterious package off the internet that puts Earth and all its inhabitants at risk of extinction. DOOMSDAY BOOK was named “Best International Film” at the 2012 Fant-Asia Film Festival.
Doomsday Book welcomes you to the future with three harrowing individual stories: Brave New World, Heavenly Creature, and Happy Birthday. As one family, one lost billiard ball, and one misguided internet order take on the world, three stories collide to deliver a ground-breaking fearless film of man verses technology.
Check out images and the trailer from Doomsday Book, below.