E-One Entertainment just released the groundbreaking Western TV series Hell on Wheels: The Complete First Season on Blu-ray and DVD. To celebrate the home entertainment release of the AMC series, FilmFetish is giving away one copy each of the Blu-ray and the DVD, to readers.
In order to be entered the random Hell on Wheels: The Complete First Season drawing:
- Visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/filmfetish and make sure you’ve ‘Liked’ us.
- THEN, post the following comment EXACTLY AS IS, on our Facebook Wall: “I just entered a contest for a Free copy of Hell on Wheels: The Complete First Season at www.FilmFetish.com!”
I’ll be running the Hell on Wheels: The Complete First Season contest through Friday, June 8, 2012.
Check out images from Hell on Wheels: The Complete First Season, below.
More about Hell on Wheels: The Complete First Season
Credited for “helping to modernize the Western genre” when it premiered in 2011, Hell on Wheels centers on former Confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon (Anson Mount), whose quest for vengeance has led him to the Union Pacific Railroad’s westward construction of the first transcontinental railroad. Currently reigning as the #2 rated show on AMC (with a series premiere that was the second highest rated AMC debut of all time), it is episodic TV at its very best. And before Season Two rolls into town this fall, home viewers can catch up on all the frontier drama in this star-studded smash with Hell on Wheels: The Complete First Season, arriving on DVD and blu-ray this May, only from Entertainment One.
Hell on Wheels tells the epic story of post-Civil War America, focusing on a soldier who sets out to exact revenge on the Union soldiers who have killed his wife. His journey takes him west to Hell on Wheels, a dangerous, raucous, lawless melting pot of a town that travels with and services the construction of the railroad, an engineering feat unprecedented for its time. The lavishly-produced series documents the railroad’s engineering and construction, as well as institutionalized greed and corruption, the immigrant experience and the plight of newly emancipated African-Americans during Reconstruction. Chronicling this potent turning point in our nation’s history, this fan favorite series shows just how uncivilized the business of civilization can be across 10 absorbing episodes.
Developed by Endemol USA and produced by Entertainment One and Nomadic Pictures, Hell on Wheels is created, written, and executive-produced by Joe and Tony Gayton (Faster, Uncommon Valor, The Salton Sea, Bulletproof).
- Anson Mount (City by the Sea, Cook County, “Line of Fire”)
- Common (Just Wright, Date Night)
- Colm Meaney (The Conspirator, Get Him to the Greek)
- Dominique McElligott (Moon, The Philanthropist)
- Ben Esler (The Pacific)
- Tom Noonan (“Damages”, The House of the Devil,
- Phil Burke (Mercy)
- Eddie Spears (Into the West)
- Wes Studi (“Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee”, Heat)
- Recreating the Past: The Making of Hell on Wheels
- Crashing a Train: From Concept to Camera
- Seven Making-of Featurettes
- Ten Inside the Episode Featurettes
- Seven Character Featurettes
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Type: BD/DVD (3 Discs)
- Catalog #: (BD) EOE-BD-7217/(DVD) EOE-DV-7128
- Running Time: 450 minutes + extras
- Genre: Western/TV
- Aspect Ratio: (BD) 1080p High Definition/(DVD) 16×9 (1.78:1)
- Audio: (BD) DTS-HD Master Audio/(DVD) 5.1 Surround Sound
- Language: English w/SDH Subtitles